A brief overview & timeline of fact.
Thaxton Family CO Experience: Marriage, Births, Home purchase,
March 1994. Dan and Carolee married Intelligent Vegetarian/Vegan family Lifestyle chosen
Lived in hot-water heated apartment - so no fumes experienced (until purchase of implicated home below)
Birth of Marylee November 1995 - "well baby girl"
Oct 1999, Dan and Carol Thaxton purchased 60 yr old "Starter" home (home heating now clearly implicate as cause of mortality and malaise w/ c.o.s. photos below) After putting new carpets, drop ceiling, touch-up work and painting, they moved family in Nov. 1999.
House had old single pane aluminum framed windows throughout that admitted breezes and cold.
First Winter season 1999-2000, the family all were experiencing subtle exposures to CO, CO-2, SOx, Ox etc. from Natural gas furnace burn returning into house, with prevailing easterly night winds pressing exhaust plume back into home through fresh air vent; and/or opened or leaking windows and the bad (with splits) front door.
Dan Jr. as nursing (~6 Month old) infant remained in home ~24/7 primarily with Mother, Carol - or with Father, while Carol shopped or was out with girls. The girls, Marble and Sarah, as developed ambulatory children, played and refreshed out of home most days, even in deep winter.
Experiencing the cold drafts (the extant contamination of exhaust gasses was not understood),Summer 2000: All family members refresh with limits - in summer as CO dumps and O2 restores.
Dan Sr had leaky Basement Windows replaced - Oct 2000This would eliminate incursion of blended air (primarily nightly east winds) with exhaust though door and basement (lower) windows. but also via closure, increased negative pressure at "Fresh Air" intake adjacent to furnace exhaust - hence "Fresh Air" intake would draw more direct, concentrated exhaust.
Second winter season 2000/2001, the family passed experiencing more subtle CO Exhaust poisoning.
Dan Jr. now toddler still was kept inside most all winter - maximum exposure.
Dan Sr had all other (upstairs) windows replaced March 2001This tightened up the house so very little fresh air could enter (and satisfy water heater, fireplace and natural "chimney lift" demands of the house, except through the one "Fresh Air" intake adjacent to the furnace exhaust!!!
Summer 2001: All family members refresh with limits, (considerable CO dumps and O2 levels restore - with limits* see note below)
Matthew is conceived ~ Aug. 2001
Third winter season 2001/2002 begins (unusual weather fires furnaces early)
Dan Jr. begins third winter CO exposure
Dan Jr., dies in night Oct 2 2001 - without warning signs. But a CO alarm went off as Police were in home after baby was found dead, the Fire Dept. came with CO sensing wand - but discounted CO, not realizing house had "cleared" with Police (4), Relatives (2), Paramedics (4), Coroner (3) with no less than 13 persons and all the equipment brought in and out opened doors and the Fire Dept personnel traffic itself . The CO alarm sounding exists in Police records - yet was and still is ignored by Prosecution, Medical Examiner, PCMC, UUMC, DCFS, even Defense Lawyers and Court! Why?That same, third winter (heat-demanding) season 2001/2002, continues the undisclosed CO exposures to effect family through the spring:
Matthew is born May 2002: "well baby boy" - no obvious challenges where ever considered or tested due to in uteral (overlooked at the time) CO exposure or possible damage! With no presumption of CO - hence no testing - no detection. (Dysphasia and metabolic weakness later claimed as Matthew's result of purported "malnourishment" by accusers where not evidenced in summer clean air recovery period postpartum with a well nourished mother nursing baby Matthew!Summer 2002: All family members refresh. much of stored CO leaves and O2 restores - with limits*.
Not All absorbed Carbon Monoxide
has time to leave deep system bonds
or has enough time between consecutive winter furnace seasons to allow
for full repair or replacement of CO "killed' cells before the next winter
Fourth winter season 2002/2003 Begins: More undiscovered CO exposure to family:
Jan 2003 Matthew sickens quickly, is pale and lethargic. Taken to We-Care Clinic, then PCMC. They presumed Leukemia; treated, then determined as not leukemia. Then given blood transfusion(s) as they claimed he would need replacement blood for all test draws they would need to pull! What???At this point with the whole family's varied malaise, with some sense of something being wrong in their air at home, including Carolee's experiences of voice loss, low energy, some head aches with "something irritating in the air" - the family decides to stop using the dusty and very drying forced air furnace and tries uses electric heaters instead -- closing and tightening home even more (closing their bedroom door at night) to conserve heat. They unwittingly trapped the residual CO and now continuously increased the CO2 concentrations from their own spent breaths of CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) -- further suffocation infant Matthew, sleeping (nursing) with or in crib adjacent to his mother, and father, in the natural air circulation eddy carrying oxygen depleted and Carbon Dioxide (CO2) elevated spent breath of his parents, and is who is also otherwise indoors 24/7 without sufficient out-door time for oxygen recovery.
Early June 2003 Matthew sickens again quickly and severely and quickly degrades to critical in hours. The whole family is also ill. Matthew had to be transported by Diane and Clay Christiansen, the paternal grandparents, because mother and father, Carolee and Dan were too ill with presumed "flu" to drive. Taken to We-Care, Davis Medical, then PCMC, Matthew was then treated as if he was diabetic, given insulin, then found not as diabetic, so was reconsidered for nutritional deficiency and maintained in the PCMC for several weeks. But he was never tested for CO toxification or asphyxiation. The course the PCMC (with derelict MA, SHF, DCFS input) was fixed upon was now moved to the presumed deficient diet!
A few points of this history are from my recall in verbal exchange from parents and grandparents. They have proofed as ok to date.
T Rodgers 1/29/04
presses back into "Fresh Air" vent (square grill) by prevailing nightly
east breeze and contaminating interior air. Also note that if you
opened door or window or had old ones with leakage that also allows fumes
to enter home. Yet all professionals and inspectors overlooked this flagrantly
lethal installation, that was in place when this trusting couple
purchased the home. Most others (untrained) seeing this plastic pipe arrangement
thought it was a dryer vent instead of a gas furnace exhaust.
Photos taken: 6 am 28 Jan 2004, T Rodgers
For full size, easy to read, click on chart above or here.
Vapor plume in front of fresh air intake vent opening into home only 11 inches from furnace exhaust (and its own combustion air intake)
bringing (slowly) poisoning furnace exhaust fumes subtly into the Thaxton family home, killing one child, sickening another, and subtly harming all others inside!
(1) This irrefutable (and certified) evidence above on Dan's (fatal), Matthew's (near fatal) and the entire family's chronic, Carbon Monoxide (and other toxins) laden Natural Gas exhaust exposure;
(2) along with PCMC / UofU Clinic 6 testing data on this Vegetarian mother's blood and breast milk B12 / Nutrients, showing her at excellent vitamin B12 and her other nutrient provisional levels for Matthew or any other gestating or nursing child,
(3) and PCMC's own MRI done on Matthew and plethora of other medical results discounting the bogus DCFS -- and PCMC associated / benefiting physicians "nutritional neglect" or "substantiated? neglect" claims,
were never presented by the first, nor three more so-called juvenile, Utah "Family Law" defense??? lawyers. --
-- But then when finally submitted by our fifth (not a locally grown and "back scratching" buddy system entangled Utah lawyer); was objected-to (refused) by the Attorney General and its DCFS beholding prosecution attorney Cliff Peterson, so was never acknowledged or considered by Judge Kathleen M Nelson in her final ruling against the innocence of this family (then she immediately recused herself from any more action on this case! Why?).
But with open media and public scrutiny outside her courtroom Judge Nelson tersely gestured by tenuously giving back their child (then recused herself), but that placement condition is fragile and could be easily entangled (for more profit) with threat of termination still, because she conveniently left in place for her friends of DCFS the old neglect charge and ruled for PCMC and their system, by mandating PCMC as sole medical provider in perpetuity and court imposed upon this clearly innocent and still freedom violated infant, mother, father and family.
Where is unfettered effective
In this case and too many other cases none has been provided!
So, now, where is the repairing
of law and our responsible Legislatures who make them?
TLR 2/11/04 (for flyer short form)
For easier to read (or newer) enlarged charts, click charts above or here.